~You return like autumn and I fall all the time~
Some days - I remember you giving me a ride around on your bike - Me riding pillion, with the wind in my hair and laughter escaping my lips, Holding onto you a little bit tighter every time you'd attempt to curve a particularly tricky bend, Braking hard just to hear me half-laugh, half-squeal and feel my hold on your shirt tight - some of those days when everything around us would feel right.
Now when I look at you through the phone screen, I wish things were as easy as they had been. Me - right across, laughing, smiling, giggling like the young girl in love that you make me feel. You - gazing at me from the other side of the table of your favourite café, with the same twinkle in your eye like you were admiring your favourite view.
I think of you when I'm sipping your favourite coffee, or when I'm listening to a song you sang along to when we were out prancing about when the night was still young.
I remember the way you smelled that day, every time I come across a fair on my way back home - fresh from your shower, all male, warm and sweet. I can recall that moment in a jiffy as if it were just yesterday.
Everything and everywhere we've been, has always felt like something that takes place every day. It doesn't feel like a moment or a day that has happened in the past.
I suppose I could say that you're my only gift for all five of my senses. Your presence has embedded itself in all the parts of my being - for as long as I live.

No comments:
Post a Comment