Very recently, I came across a Danish word that, for some, might sound very silly. But to me, it was like someone had invented the very language that would be able to give me the very word I would be looking for. Something that gives a name to the feeling that I haven't been successful in explaining in so many clear words. The very feeling, the emotion that swells within me every time I look at you.
"Forɛlskəd" - the word for when you start to fall in love; the beginning of love. That indescribable feeling, that sense of the warmth of someone's embrace, the rush of euphoric excitement that makes the world look brighter and more beautiful than ever, especially when you look at someone who makes your heart feel full? Yes, that is Forɛlskəd for you. A word so small, yet so powerful, that it captures the blissful state of being in love.
As humans, we are hardwired to seek connections in everything we do, and in every being that we interact with. Companionship and falling in love are the most profound ways to experience that. For a girl who has had her heart broken before, with an iron-clad determination to never let herself allow the liberty to feel such things, you came into my life like a wrecking ball. Within seconds, you shattered, what I would call my shield, my walls, layers and layers of stone around my core. And the most astonishing part? I let you.
I let you swagger in with the kindness in your eyes, the softness of your words, the consideration in your actions, and the honesty in your smile, something that you don't give out so easily to everyone. The most lethal combination that could create a complete mess of a girl's heart.
And, now what, you might wonder? It's like, even the most mundane activities have taken on new meanings and significance. A mere look is now enough to make my heart skip a beat. A shared plate of food fills my stomach more than a buffet ever could. An hour spent in your company seems enough to last me a lifetime, but it also keeps me wanting more. More of your time, more of your attention, more of your smiles, and definitely a lot more of your heart.
Forɛlskəd has made me experience the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. Frankly, I am so elated one moment, and so down in the dumps the next. Constantly swinging between wanting to text and see you and also keeping you at a distance to protect whatever is left of my heart. It is a roller coaster ride that makes me want to go on forever and jump off of it at the same time.
It is something that is constantly pushing me to become the best version of myself, and also drives me half insane.
And yet,
it is all worth it,
if it's You.

No comments:
Post a Comment