Friday, May 29, 2020

Summer Love


Summer love smells like vanilla ice-cream
With vodka in the air.
It tastes like a mixture of both.
An incandescent love brightest
Before autumn hits.
Memories of messy hair
Entangled in my fingers
A time capsule if you may say.
I carried giggles under every word
As you kiss your way down on me
And I lost all those words midway.
Morning coffee with a smile
That still tasted like last night’s wine
Would still intoxicate me
And a sleepy kiss
Would lead to another
Summer love you drive me crazy.
I will remember you with every
Rise and fall of my chest;
Like the waves that once engulfed me.
In breathless night
And timeless love.
Your lips sailed across me
And sunk deep inside my heart.
Know that if we do meet again,
You will always be
My summer love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Absquatulate: The Word for When People Leave Without Saying Goodbye

I found this word by accident, on one of those "weird words in the English dictionary" lists you fall into at 1 a.m. when you shou...