SUNFLOWER
I bloom like a sunflower in daylight.
Faced against the direction of the sun.
Thriving with life and energy
Joy bursting within and through me.
Days when you are far are bad days
Like a sunflower leans on the ground
Withered; sickly, deprived of light,
Awaiting the next source of joy.
Just like a little girl waits for candy
To be brought right in front of her,
I am left hanging until your next text
Waiting for a fresh word from you.
To rain down on me, and bring me life
All other things come to a standstill
Until the moment you love me again
Enough to draw close enough
For me to breathe your air
Like oxygen through two pairs of nostrils
Your weak affection, my life support.
And I await till the next moment
Where I can shine brightly, beautifully,
Filled whole with the life force of
Your imperfect, wavering love.

No comments:
Post a Comment